Saturday 18 May 2013

Trouble Will Find Me - The National [Review]

Since the release of High Violet, the amazing fifth studio album of The National, an American Indie band from Cincinnati, Ohio, I've waited for their next album. That haunting sound with Matt Berninger's baritone which fits the lyrics perfectly made me listen to it over and over again. The only thing that was better that year was the Arcade Fire release, The Suburbs, which was brilliant (It seems that they gonna release a new record this year too). The sixth release of this five piece band, which consists of Matt Berninger, Aaron Dessner, Bryce Dessner, Scott Devendorf and Bryan Devendorf, named Trouble Will Find Me, catches them in a certain point of their musical career, where only troubles can appear after such a great success. Well, when I first heard Demons from this album, it seemed that they won't repeat the excellence of the previous album, but as long as I listened to the whole album, I was convinced that that they are still one of the most fascinating bands in the world. The sound remains almost the same and Matt's voice still sounds wonderful, but the work they made on the ballads such as I Need My Girl is something so precious that I cannot describe in words. I don't think it's better than High Violet, it's different in some kind of ways... Take a listen to five of their songs, three of them from Trouble Will Find Me

Album Rating: 8/10

Don't Swallow Your Cap (Taken From Trouble Will Find Me, 2013)
Bloodbuzz Ohio (Taken From High Violet, 2010)
Sea Of Love (Taken From Trouble Will Find Me, 2013)
Sugar Wife (Taken From Sad Songs For Dirty Lovers, 2003)
I Need My Girl (Taken From Trouble Will Find Me, 2013)

No comments:

Post a Comment