Thursday 22 August 2013

The Dark Side Of Ohio: 10 Years To Over The Rhine's "Ohio"

Americana is not my cup of tea at all. I've only discovered lately some of the artists in this genre but I haven't found it too fascinating from my point of view (Or listening). But there is one album which I find myself returning to hear from time to time. Ohio, a double album by Over The Rhine was released 10 years ago on 18th of August, 2003. The core of this veteran band are husband and wife Karin Bergquist and Linford Detweiler from Ohio, who are playing together since 1989. Ohio is a monumental masterpiece of
Americana-Folk, which was their seventh album by that time. The voice of Karin and the composition of Linford which was based mainly on piano tunes and acoustic guitars made it one of my favourites when I discovered it, about three years ago. Here are five songs which you might like also....

Bothered

Ohio

 
What I'll Remember Most


How Long Have You Been Stoned


Changes Come

No comments:

Post a Comment