Tuesday 13 November 2012

Kite (Pick Word #5)


When I was younger, I was fascinated by kites, those tethered air crafts that older kids in the neighbourhood flew. First invented in China about 2,800 years ago, the kites were made of silk and Bamboo which were the immediate materials to be used for that then new toy. Today, we can see children and mature people flying they're kites by the sea or in a windy green field far away from the noise of the common life. I searched for songs about kites and found a few that are really great, so enjoy them and try to fly one by yourselves. You can find some similar songs on Museum Of Flight Series

1) U2 - Kite (Taken from All That You Can't Leave Behind, 2000)

Favourite Line: I'm a man, I'm not a child. A man who sees the shadow behind your eyes

 

2) Sun Kil Moon - Black Kite (Taken from Among The Leaves, 2012)

Favourite Line: Down the river, along the sea, up in the sky black kite follow



3) Blow Up Hollywood - Kite (Taken from Blow Up Hollywood, 2002)

Favourite Line: praying, wishing, hoping that somehow we'll see the light




4) K's Choice - White Kite Fauna (Taken From Paradise In Me, 1996)

Favourite Line: I close my eyes and perceive marble emptiness looking for my soul to bless


 


5) Damien Jurado - Paper Kite (Taken from Caught In The Trees, 2008)

Favourite Line: I'm caught out in your string, lucky enough to be in your tree


No comments:

Post a Comment