Wednesday 7 August 2013

About Farewell - Alela Diane [Review]


After a great half year of musical discoveries in 2013, July seemed to be weaker than the previous months. But then my ears met Alela Diane's wonderful voice. The Forth studio album of this Folk singer from Portland's scene, About Farewell, is a beautiful, mature album of one of the most surprising talents I've heard this year (Torres debut album, for example). I'm not a great fan of Folk music (Maybe that's because I'm from Europe...), but Alela's voice haunted me over and over again, made me listen to her album few times this week. Here are five of my favourite tracks of her album, which was released on 30th of July.

Album Rating: 9/10


About Farewell
Lost Land
 
Rose And Thorn
 
Hazel Street
 
The Way We Fall

No comments:

Post a Comment