Monday 5 August 2013

Hill (Pick Word #31)


When I was a young child, I lived in a small town surrounded by beautiful endless green fields and a view to the sea. But most of all, I loved the little hill, where I found myself running up and down without any particular purpose. It seems that many songs were written about hills, five of them by The Beatles (Of course...), Marketa Irglova, PJ Harvey, Emma Pollock and Gorillaz, which I find wonderful and intersting are here. Enjoy

The Beatles - The Fool On The Hill (Taken From Magical Mystery Tour, 1967)
Emma Pullock - House On The Hill (Taken From The Law Of Large Nunmbers, 2010)
Marketa Irglova - The Hill (Taken From Once OST, 2007)
PJ Harvey - On Battleship Hill (Taken From Let England Shake, 2011)
Gorillaz - On Melancholy Hill (Taken From Plastic Beach, 2010)

No comments:

Post a Comment