Friday 27 September 2013

Bill Callahan

If you've told me that I'm gonna listen to an Americana/Folk singer-songwriter, such as Bill Callahan, five years ago, I probably thought that you're crazy. But times has changed and I'm glad that I had the chance to discover this great artist. After some years in Smog, he went on for a solo career, releasing four albums so far. The new release, Dream River, is another fabulous Americana album, which is based on his acoustic guitar and wonderful voice. Only 8 songs in this release, but that's enough to make one of the best Americana albums this year. Here are five songs by this great artist, who released 15 albums since 1990 (In different forms), two of them from the new one

America! (Apocalypse, 2011)
 
Javelin Unlanding (Dream River, 2013)
 
Honeymoon Child (Woke On A Whaleheart, 2007)
Spring (Dream River, 2013)
The Wind And The Dove (Sometimes I Wish We Were An Eagle, 2009)

No comments:

Post a Comment